KMC San Francisco is pleased to be able to offer meditation classes guided by trained and skilled meditation teachers and practitioners. We can customize a meditation workshop or series to suit your organization’s needs.
We have provided meditations classes for Wells Fargo, AgeSong University, Atria Senior Living, Certain, Inc, Quirky, Inc and Tenderloin Boys & Girls Club. We currently provide ongoing classes at UCSF, St. Francis Hospital, San Bruno Men’s Jail and SF Women’s Jail.
To create and schedule your customized meditation class, please contact: epc@MeditateInSanFrancisco.org
POSSIBLE CLASS STRUCTURES
30 Minute Meditation session:
1. Welcome and brief introduction (5 minutes)
2. A guided meditation (15 minutes)
3. Conclusion and brief time for Q & A (5-10 minutes)
45-55 Minute Meditation session:
1. Welcome and brief introduction (5 min)
2. Meditation (basic breathing, relaxation) (10 mins )
3. Talk on chosen theme (de-stress, clarity) (15-20mins)
4. 2nd Meditation (based on theme) (10 mins )
5. Q & A (5-10 mins)
Ideas for topic/titles:
Clear Mind at Work
Keeping Your Cool in Difficult Situations
New Habits for Mental Peace and Clarity
Reducing Stress Thru Meditation
Benefits of Meditation:
So much of the stress and tension we normally experience comes from our mind, and many of the problems we experience, including ill health, are caused or aggravated by this stress. Just by doing breathing meditation for ten or fifteen minutes each day, we will be able to reduce this stress.
We will experience a calm, spacious feeling in the mind, and many of our usual problems will fall away. Difficult situations will become easier to deal with, we will naturally feel warm and well disposed towards other people, and our relationships with others will gradually improve.
Visits could include a discussion of the following subjects:
- Buddha’s life story
- The benefits of meditation
- Short guided meditation
- Fundamental principles of Buddhist thought
- Explanation of the Buddhist statues
- Other specific topics requested
Please contact: epc@MeditateInSanFrancisco.org