Monday Morning Meditation
The Science of Awakening the Heart
with Kelsang Shinchok
KMC San Francisco
3324 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
With easy, accessible instructions this class will offer an opportunity to take what you have learned and practiced with us “off of the cushion and out into the world.”
In this series, we will explore the 2,500-year-old practice of meditation taught by Buddha in a caring and curious way for the modern world. We will explore the Lamrim meditations and meditate on the appreciation of the preciousness of our human life, become more comfortable with our death, and the development of equanimity with the difficulties of modern life and awaken the heart.
Cost: $10 (50% discount for seniors 62+ and students. No one turned away for lack of funds)
This 5 week series will include guided sitting meditations, dharma talks, and opportunities for question and answers.
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the definition of meditation and how to practice and develop mindfulness and concentration.
- Have the chance to create a joyful, happier presence in your daily life
- Learn how meditation helps to recognize impulses of attachment and aversion
- Develop a meditation practice helps reduce habitual tendencies cultivate innate states of well-being
- Begin to see and gain freedom from rigidity and clinging through a bigger perspective
We offer a friendly, open environment in which to explore meditation and the qualities it can bring to your life.
This class series is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators.
These classes are offered as a series, but they are also self contained and can be taken individually. Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Everyone is welcome.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
More info: epc@MeditateInSanFrancisco.org / (415) 503-1187