MONDAY MORNING MEDITATIONS
KMC San Francisco
3324 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
To register, click here
Last class June 18: ON BREAK until further notice
With easy, accessible instructions this class will offer an opportunity to take what you learn and practice with us “off of the cushion and out into the world.”
In this series, we will explore the 2,500-year-old practice of meditation taught by Buddha in a caring and curious way for the modern world. We will explore the meditations on the stages of the path to enlightenment. We will learn about what is the mind, the how we think, karma and how to change negative states of mind to positive states of mind. This series will include guided sitting meditations, Dharma talks and opportunities for questions and answers. This class series is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators.
Cost: $10 (50% discount for seniors 62+ and students. No one turned away for lack of funds). No pre-registration necessary.
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the definition of meditation and how to practice and develop mindfulness and concentration
- Have the chance to create a joyful, happier presence in your daily life
- Learn how meditation helps us recognize impulses of attachment and aversion
- Develop a meditation practice that helps reduce habitual tendencies and cultivate innate states of well-being
- Begin to see and gain freedom from rigidity and clinging through gaining a bigger perspective
- We offer a friendly, open environment in which to explore meditation and the qualities it can bring to your life.
- These classes are offered as a series, but they are also self-contained and can be taken individually. Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis.
Everyone is welcome.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
More info: epc@MeditateInSanFrancisco.org / (415) 503-1187
KMC San Francisco is a member of the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union